What is Client Axcess Portal?
The Portal is a private, protected website where sensitive information can be exchanged between client and firm user. Data is encrypted and stored as securely as most online banking systems, so client information is always protected. With a Portal, clients can upload their tax documents, QuickBook files, bank information and more, quickly and securely. Clients can also receive their tax returns and invoices directly through the portal.
Logging in to Client Axcess for the First Time
To log in for the first time, click the authentication link in your Portal welcome email. You will be asked how you would like to receive your authentication code. You may select to receive your authentication code via email, text message (if available) or voice prompt via telephone (if available).
For added security, R.A. Simasek, P.A. utilizes multi-factor authentication to confirm your identity. Multi-factor authentication allows users to confirm their identity by entering a code that is sent to them via email, text message, or voice message.
On the next screen, enter the code. Check the box at the bottom if you would like Portal to trust your computer or other device for up to 90 days. Using a trusted device means you will not have to repeat the Multi-Factor Authorization procedure. In 90 days, you will have to request another authentication code.
Once you have submitted the code, you will be prompted to set up your password.
- The Login ID (email address) is not case sensitive.
- The password must contain at least one upper-case letter, one number, and one special character. The password is case sensitive and must be between 8 and 32 characters.
- Your password may be reset at any time by clicking “I Forgot My Password?”.
- If prompted, review and agree to the end user license agreement. You can also download a copy.
Uploading files to Client Axcess (From Client to Firm)
- Click the destination folder (where the file will be located)
- Click Upload, browse to and select the file(s) you wish to upload
- Click Open
- The Upload Queue will launch automatically. Click Upload All to upload the displayed file(s) to Client Axcess. An email notification is sent to R.A. Simasek, P.A.
You will see an on-screen confirmation that your file(s) were successfully added to Client Axcess. Return to your Documents or simply close your browser window to exit Client Axcess.
You can also drag-and-drop files into the destination folder to activate the Upload Queue. Once the Queue is displayed, click Upload All and your files will be added to Client Axcess.
Click the icon at the top, right-hand corner of the page to reactivate the Upload Queue if you accidentally minimize it prior to selecting Upload All.
Downloading files from Client Axcess (From Firm to Client)
After logging in to Client Axcess, you will see a list of folders used to organize your files. Click on a folder to display its files.
To download a file, simply click the file name or check the box and click Download, either option will launch your browser’s file download prompt allowing you to open or save the file. You can download one or multiple files at a time.
To download files, it may be necessary to disable your pop up blocker in Google Chrome, or other web-browsers.
If you have access to more than one Portal, click Select a Portal at the top, left-hand portion of the page, and then select or search for a portal by name.